Sunday 18 March 2007

ABOUT MYSELF-Schools

After having a look at my friend's blog, I drew some inspiration from it as to what I can write about myself. I realised I've forgotten to mention about my schools! So i shall now touch on my alma maters.
My education journey started at St. Gabriel's Primary. I hope you actually have heard of this school before. My father told me that he wanted to enrol me into Catholic High but the school rejected me. Looking back, I am quite grateful of that rejection. The brotherhood ties I've had in St Gabriel's are priceless. That school was also responsible for 6 years of guided education, leading up to my adoloscent years. When i graduated from that school in Primary 6, I was pretty sad because none of my classmates was to follow me to my next educational institution- St. Joseph's Institution.
At first, I still couldn't quite get over the fact that no one I knew personally well was following me to SJI. However, it wasn't long before I came to know of a number of mutual friends there. I still remembered my first day of school- I alighted from my dad's car, sauntered towards the sidegate, proudly donning the all-white school attire, accompanied with a green-and-white striped tie. There was this sense of pride and delight that surged through me when i stepped onto the school compound for the first time. I was anticipating a wonderful 4 years in SJI. The assembly was equally memorable. The Secondary Ones were supposed to assemble at the hall. There, I came to know that I was posted to class 7, the class that were to be part & parcel of my exciting school life. That is when it all began for my secondary school life, which were to become a significant part of my life. The 4 years had been a rollercoaster ride, at the same time a very meaningful one. But that was the school that really groomed me to whatever I am today, maturing me in the process through the bitter & sweet tastes of life. It was where my character & personality were developed along with moral values instilled which collectively defines me. I am deeply grateful of the holistic education SJI has offered, which is why, to date, am still very proud of being a Josephian. I believe my sense of pride for SJI would last eternally.
As for AJC, the chapter has only begun..

2 comments:

~jun xiang~ said...

hey ...haha..is see my blog den got idea ah?? lol

wh said...

Nope. I saw your blog only after i sent this post. You're not the friend=)